Re: Documentation: GiST extension implementation

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Documentation: GiST extension implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've been working some more on this documentation:

Le 20 mai 09 à 18:10, Dimitri Fontaine a écrit :
> - consistent signature update for 8.4 (recheck arg)
> - compress/decompress non void example

This means the multi-column support part is still missing, as proper
english review too.

But I think it should not stop us to consider the patch either for 8.4
(documentation patch I believe are accepted this late in the game) or
for 8.5, in which case I'll put it on the CommitFest page. Even
without touching the multi-column aspect of GiST custom support, I
think it improves this part of the documentation a lot.

<why care?>
Please consider it: it's not coming from nowhere. All examples are
based on real working code, prefix.c (to be found on pgfoundry, served
more than 70 millions GiST lookups already, is used in several telco
companies) and gistproc.c, and I enjoyed Teodor's and Andrew Gierth's
advices and comments.
</>

Regards,
--