Re: WIP: Enhanced ALTER OPERATOR

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: Enhanced ALTER OPERATOR
Дата
Re: WIP: Enhanced ALTER OPERATOR  (Uriy Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru>)
Re: WIP: Enhanced ALTER OPERATOR  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Uriy Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> I have attached a patch that extends ALTER OPERATOR to support COMMUTATOR,
> NEGATOR, RESTRICT and JOIN.

There are fairly significant reasons why we have not done this, based
on the difficulty of updating existing cached plans that might have
incidentally depended on those operator properties during creation.
Perhaps it's all right to simply ignore such concerns, but I would like
to see a defense of why.

On a more practical level, please change the syntax so that it does
not require making all those things into keywords.