Re: Parallel pg_dump on a single database

От Bob Lunney
Тема Re: Parallel pg_dump on a single database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom,

Thanks for the response, but I figured out the error is mine, not pg_dump's.  In short (to minimize my embarrassment!)
don'twrite to the same file from three different pg_dumps.

The good news is running multiple pg_dumps simultaneously on a single database with exclusive coverage of different
tablesets works great, and my overall dump times have been reduced to one-fifth the time it takes to run a single
pg_dump.

BTW, I'm using PG 8.4.1, going to 8.4.8 soon, and its working great.  Thanks to all for the excellent database
software.

Regards,

Bob Lunney