Re: [GENERAL] testcase failing on git master / how to progress

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] testcase failing on git master / how to progress
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martin F <pg@mfriebe.de> writes:
> I did build with

> make clean distclean
> ./configure --prefix=/deploys/postgresql/inst/  --with-pgport=5433
> --enable-debug CFLAGS="-ggdb -O0 -g3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer"
> make
> make install

That looks like it ought to work.  Did you get any compile warnings?
(Personally I tend to do the make steps as "make -s" so that you can
spot the warnings if there are any.)

> And  I  got a few tests failing.
>       macaddr8                 ... FAILED
>       opr_sanity               ... FAILED
>       object_address           ... FAILED

Hard to say much about that.  Looking at the actual regression.diffs
might be more informative.

A general tip when playing around with development HEAD is to look
at the buildfarm:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

If critters are falling over left and right on the commit you pulled,
then you got a bad version.  If all is green on the buildfarm but
it's not working for you, then we'd like to hear details.