Re: Another backup q

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Another backup q
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Halford Dace <hdace@bluedot.co.za> writes:
> However, what rather terrifies me is that pg_dump seems only to store the
> oid field in the dump, and not the content of the LO itself.

You're quite right: pg_dump does NOT back up large objects.
(7.1's pg_dump will, but 7.0 and before don't.)

There is a pg_dumplo utility in current sources, a bit late :-(.
I have attached a copy of it that is modified to work with 7.0,
and I think it will work with 6.5, but I don't have a running 6.5
server to check with.  Test it out and let us know ...

            regards, tom lane

Вложения