Missing clogs and pg_upgrade. What to do without any clog backup?

От Bernhard Schrader
Тема Missing clogs and pg_upgrade. What to do without any clog backup?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi out there,

i migrated some month ago our databases from 8.4 to 9.0 and now getting
errors like:

2011-06-12 06:25:33 CEST ERROR:  could not access status of transaction
59768467
2011-06-12 06:25:33 CEST DETAIL:  Could not open file "pg_clog/0038": No
such file or directory.
2011-06-12 06:25:33 CEST CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table
"database.pg_toast.pg_toast_19029"

Well, I googled so far and also saw that there are other known issues
and also a fix script. But in all cases a backup of the clogs would have
been necessary. I don't have these files. Is there any way to fix my
servers?

I have migrated around 200 servers, until now 40 servers have the clog
issues. i will run the script on all other machines. But for the 40
servers i need a solution.

Would a normal dump & restore fix the issues? This would be the worst
way i could imagine but if there is no way around i will have to do it.

thanks in advance

regards
Bernhard Schrader