Re: Should psql support URI syntax?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Should psql support URI syntax?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2011-04-01 at 09:12 +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Since URI stings are popular, it might really make sense if pg could
> recommend a preferred form of postgres URI strings (and obviously
> implement it in libpq).  For the non-libpq APIs (there's at least
> http://python.projects.postgresql.org/, don't know about others), it
> would still be just a recommendation that they could follow or not
> follow, so the situation wouldn't change too much from today, I fear.

Well, there isn't any requirement that URIs be

prot://hostname:port/something

They just have to be

prot:something

So you could just turn the existing conninfo syntax into a URI by doing
something like

postgresql:dbname=foo%20hostname=bar

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: FDW state from plan time
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: psql 9.1 alpha5: connection pointer is NULL