pg_stat_all_tables column value reseting problem.

От leslie samuel
Тема pg_stat_all_tables column value reseting problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear friends,

    I would like to know the particular table's insert,update and delete
record history.
I have done some googling and got to know about pg_stat_all_tables  and
pg_stat_user_tables. These tables having this below field , which has the
tables insert,update and delete history,

    n_tup_ins        | bigint  |
    n_tup_upd       | bigint  |
    n_tup_del        | bigint  |

But some time It was getting reset.. I don't know which scenario It is
happening.

Done the blow testing:

      => inserting,updating and deleting some record in a particular table
      => checked this pg_stat_all_tables  entry, It has displayed perfect
count of the history.
      => restarted the server for check the these
(n_tup_ins,n_tup_upd,n_tup_del) entries.
            but values weren't reseted, history remains.
      => Two days after I have checked this pg_stat_all_tables entry again,
but proper records wasn't there. Value of n_tup_ins,n_tup_upd and n_tup_del
was 0. I don't know why it has happened.

Please let me know the reason and which scenario it will get reset.
Whether I have to do any configuration related changes ?

Note:

     I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.7.