Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2011-02-09 at 08:00 -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 01:17:06PM +0000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Remove more SGML tabs.
>
> Perhaps we should see about putting something in .git/hooks/pre-commit
> so people can focus on more substantive matters.
>
> Is there some kind of cross-platform way to do this?  I'm thinking
> that given the fact that our build system already requires Perl, there
> should be, but I'm not quite sure how this would be accomplished.

There is make check target in doc/src/sgml/ that is supposed to catch
this.  But it's probably hard to remember to run that.

One thing I was thinking of was that we could add a global make
maintainer-check target (a name I picked up from other projects) which
would run various source code sanity checks.  Besides the SGML tabs
issue, my favourite would be duplicate_oids.  Maybe if we could find a
third use case, we'd have a quorum for implementing this.