Re: postponing some large patches to 9.2

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: postponing some large patches to 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 06:57 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
> > - Range Types.  This is a large patch which was submitted for the
> > first time to the last CommitFest of the cycle, and the first version
> > that had no open TODO items was posted yesterday, three-quarters of
> > the way through that last CommitFest.  Some good review has been done.
> >  While more is probably needed, I think we should feel good about
> > what's been accomplished and mark this one Returned with Feedback.
>
> I don't agree w/ punting Range Types.  Range Types were discussed as far
> back as the 2010 developer meeting, were discussed quite a bit again
> starting in October and throughout the fall, and Jeff has regularly
> been posting updates to it.  Given how thorough Jeff is, my feeling is
> that this patch is more than ready for beta.

I appreciate the sentiment, but in addition to some cleanup, any patch
like this at least requires some discussion. It's a language change
we'll be supporting for a long time.

At minimum, we're a couple hundred emails shy of a real consensus on the
naming ;)

Regards,Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: postponing some large patches to 9.2
Сообщение: Re: postponing some large patches to 9.2