Re: Postrgres data restoration problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postrgres data restoration problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jim Cochrane <jtc@dim.com> writes:
> Anyway, I appreciate you guys' help.  I've learned some new things about
> postgres.

One thing I hope you learned is to run something newer than 7.2.1.
If you still want to use the 7.2 series then 7.2.4 is the thing to
be using; although really 7.3.5 is the most stable release at this
instant.  There is very seldom any good reason to be running anything
but the latest dot-release of whichever release series you are
using.  In the case of 7.2 I know we fixed some critical bugs in
the dot-releases (though I don't have enough info to guess whether
one of them was what bit you).