Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> One thing I want to bring up here rather than in the pluggable storage
> thread is that currently the pg_dump support for access methods deals
> with table access methods in a manner similar to the way we deal with
> tablespaces. Instead of specifying the AM on every table creation, we
> set the default AM when needed.  That makes it easier to adjust dumps.

Hm.  I wonder if it'd make more sense to consider that an access method is
a property of a tablespace?  That is, all tables in a tablespace have the
same access method, so you don't need to label tables individually?

> But it does basically require breaking archive compatibility.  I
> personally am OK with that, but I thought it might be worth discussing.

I don't recall there being huge pushback when we did that in the past,
so I'm fine with it as long as there's an identifiable feature making
it necessary.