Re: sepgsql contrib module

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: sepgsql contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 09:26 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> > What happens if someone alters the configuration so that the sepgsql
> > plugin is no longer installed. Does the hidden data become visible?
> >
> Yes. If sepgsql plugin is uninstalled, the hidden data become visible.
> But no matter. Since only a person who is allowed to edit postgresql.conf
> can uninstall it, we cannot uninstall it in run-time.
> (An exception is loading a malicious module, but we will be able to
> hook this operation in the future version.)

IMHO all security labels should be invisible if the provider is not
installed correctly.

That at least prevents us from accidentally de-installing a module and
having top secret data be widely available.

If you have multiple providers configured, you need to be careful not to
allow a provider that incorrectly implements the plugin API, so that
prior plugins are no longer effective.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services