Re: Segfault related to pg_authid when running initdb from git master

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Segfault related to pg_authid when running initdb from git master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Geoghegan's message of mié dic 15 16:40:41 -0300 2010:
> > Before that, have you tried the old standby of "make distclean" and a
> > full rebuild/reinstall?  The lack of buildfarm confirmation makes me
> > highly suspicious that there's any real problem.
>
> That's fixed both problems. I should have tried it much sooner. I
> guess that even though the binaries built were new, they were somehow
> linked with one or more older, "release" object files. Thanks.

This is probably caused by failure to use the --enable-depend configure
switch.  I think we should try to make that the default on platforms
that support it.  It seems silly not to use it.