Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 19:00 -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> xof@thebuild.com (Christophe Pettus) writes:
> > On Dec 7, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Because nobody sane uses OSX on the server?
> >
> > The XServe running 10.5 server and 9.0.1 at the other end of the
> > office takes your remark personally. :)
>
> I'd heard that Apple had cancelled XServe.  [Poking back at that...]
>
> Yep, they won't be carrying anything for sale that's particularly
> rack-mountable after next January.  Not precisely "dead," but definitely
> moving on smelling funny...

A bit off topic but Apple is actually marketing OSX Server on the mini
(with RAID 1). Which honestly for 95% of the businesses out there would
make a very nice, reasonably performant database server for say....
PostBooks, or Drupal.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Сообщение: Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes
Сообщение: Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes