Re: reporting reason for certain locks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: reporting reason for certain locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar nov 23 00:08:54 -0300 2010:

> How about publishing additional details to pg_stat_activity via
> pgstat_report_waiting()?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Are you suggesting we should create a
new function with that name to report the reason for the lock?

If so, that's great -- but we'd be getting a bit ahead of ourselves.
Because while we do have the locking details available some of the time,
it's not easy to figure out what they are; and the rest of the time, it
just isn't available.

So I'm proposing a mechanism for this information to be available in the
first place.  When this is done we can talk about some nice user
interface for it.