Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 03:09 +0000, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Really? Wouldn't it be good general practice to store the xlogs on a
> different filesystem - offering one further layer of protection, if
> you will? L

Best practice is to move the xlogs to another filesystem but not for
protection (that is garnered by using RAID). It is for performance.
Xlogs are written sequentially and can greatly benefit from not being
where the data pages are as they are written randomly.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Сообщение: Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??
Сообщение: Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??