Re: auto vacuum question

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: auto vacuum question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 11:44 -0800, Dinesh Bhandary wrote:
> Hi All -
>
> I am working to tune the auto vacuum in 8.4 and 8.2. I am finding that
> some of the tables are not getting vacuumed even though they exceed
> analyze/vacuum threshold. Do you know where auto vacuum process looks to
> get the number of rows deleted/updated/inserted?

In 8.2 your problem is likely that autovacuum is single worker (or that
you have the idle-in-transaction problem).

In 8.4 you should not have this problem, if you do increase your
autovacuum_max_workers (and make sure you don't have an
idle-in-transaction problem).

> pg_stat_user_tables have only the cumulative stats. I am interested in
> finding the most current ( incremental stats).

Pg doesn't provide this by default, you would have to install mrtg etc..

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor