Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Дата
Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> c.f. src/bin/pg_verifybackup/t/003_corruption.pl which says:
>     my $source_ts_prefix = $source_ts_path;
>     $source_ts_prefix =~ s!(^[A-Z]:/[^/]*)/.*!$1!;

>     # See https://www.msys2.org/wiki/Porting/#filesystem-namespaces
>     local $ENV{MSYS2_ARG_CONV_EXCL} = $source_ts_prefix;

> Probably in this case just setting it to 'server:' would do the trick.

The point I was trying to make is that if we have to jump through
that sort of hoop in the test scripts, then real users are going
to have to jump through it as well, and they won't like that
(and we will get bug reports about it).  It'd be better to design
the option syntax to avoid such requirements.