Re: tablespaces a priority for 7.5?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tablespaces a priority for 7.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Cott Lang <cott@internetstaff.com> writes:
> Being able to write WAL logs to two locations would be handy.  Is it
> currently possible to have the logs not be recycled and occasionally
> deleted?

The current thought is to add some sort of hook that allows a
user-defined action to be taken at the point where a WAL file would
normally get recycled.  Presumably this action would involve copying the
WAL file to someplace else (eg a tape), after which it could get
recycled.  If you've got any thoughts on exactly how to manage this,
let's take up a discussion on pgsql-hackers.

> Is there any hope for support for all of this in 7.5?

People are thinking about it, but I'm not seeing a lot of work getting
done.  (Partly my fault, since this is one of the things I'm supposed to
be working on...)