Re: Timeout and wait-forever in sync rep

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Timeout and wait-forever in sync rep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 18:51 +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> > When exactly don't the keepalives work?
>
> well tcp level keepalives are not terribly portable(or can only be
> partially controlledd from the app) and on some platforms have lower
> limits that are in the minutes which is too long for a lot of usecases.
> The keepalive usage we have in 9.0 is mostly for removing an annoyance
> on some major platforms but depending on them for a major feature like
> timeouts in sync rep is probably not a good idea.

If we need it, then I'm glad. It's easy to understand and easy to
program too.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: starting to review the Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint patch