Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...
Дата
Re: 9.2RC1 wraps this Thursday ...
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> ... I really can't take responsibility for any of this since
> I don't have a Windows development environment.  One of the Windows-
> hacking committers needs to pick this issue up.  Anyone?

[ crickets ]

I guess everybody who might take an interest in this is out sailing...

After further reflection I've realized that, while this is a new bug in
9.2, it is not really a regression from 9.1.  The failure only occurs if
pg_ctl is pointed at a configuration-only directory (one that contains
postgresql.conf but is not the real data directory).  But that is a case
that did not work at all in any previous release, so no users will be
relying on it.

Accordingly, I don't think this is a release-blocker, so I'm going to
move it to the non-blocker section of the open-items page.

Anybody who wants to fix it is surely welcome to, but I'm not going
to consider this item as a reason to postpone RC1.