Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?

От novnovice
Тема Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?
Дата
Re: Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Can anyone recommend a relatively simple merge replication package that would
work well on windows and which relies on one of the current postgresql
versions? 9 would be fine for my needs. I'm a fairly unsophisticated
postgresql user; and not very experienced with replication on other
databases. So the simplest to configure and maintain solution would be best.
I am not sure but it sounds like the new replication features that come
baked in to postgres 9 are not so oriented towards merge replication - is
that right?

My use case would involve a primary postgresql database and several
postgresql databases on disconnected notebook computers. All dbs need to be
able to support updates inserts etc; and then hopefully the replication
software would help with things like conflict resolution.