Re: Per-column collation, work in progress

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Per-column collation, work in progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2010-09-22 at 19:44 +0900, Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> * CREATE TABLE (LIKE table_with_collation) doesn't inherit collations.
>   We need to copy collations by default, or add INCLUDING COLLATE option.

OK, should be easy to fix.

> * upper() doesn't work if a column has a collation.
>   It still works if a column doesn't have a collation.

I think what you are observing is the result of mixing C and non-C
locales.  Of course that should also be fixed, but it doesn't have much
to do with what upper() does.  Note that there is a regression test case
for lower(), which works mostly the same way.

> * Comparison of strings with different collations is forbidden,
>   but assignment is allowed, right?

Correct.

> * psql \d needs a separator between collate and not null modifiers.

OK.

> We could support it also on MSVC.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a7cwbx4t(v=VS.90).aspx -- _strcoll_l
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/45119yx3(v=VS.90).aspx -- _towupper_l