Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 18:51 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 13 September 2010 18:47, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > On fre, 2010-09-10 at 21:11 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> >> Do you have any specific recommendations?  What would tone it down?
> >
> > There are just too many things going on.  Reduce the number of colors,
> > reduce the number of different border designs (round, not round), make
> > the borders less busy (remove the line), remove the shadows, reduce the
> > number of different levels of indentation.
> >
> > It's a great CSS show case, and perhaps it's a good design for a web
> > site (or perhaps not), but lengthy documentation text should probably be
> > kept very simple.
>
> It sounds like you're recommending starting from scratch.  I think
> maybe someone else should give it a try instead then.

I think Thom has gone down the right path here and that with respect,
the curmudgeons need to go back to their fire and tea. Our current docs
are pathetic visual representations of a quality product.

The "only" change I could see at this point in the path that "might"
improve the work that he is done, is to drop the shadow.

The colors allow the information to be give priority to the information
that is supposed to have priority. The indentation is directly
applicable to the indentation of the content itself. Everything is
rounded (that I saw) except tables.

What *exactly* is the problem here?

Oh and: Thanks to Bruce for actually working *with* the process and
helping Thom based on his feedback.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements