Re: pgBouncer for connection pooling

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pgBouncer for connection pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 14:38 +0000, Kieren Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a web-based application (drupal) which uses PHP to make
> connections to a back-end postgresql 8.3 server. The application and
> database are on separate servers, but as we can get 20+ concurrent
> connections on the database I've looked at pgBouncer to try and reduce
> the overhead of new connections on the database. I currently have
> pgBouncer running on the same server as my postgres database but I was
> wondering whether this is a recommended setup - are the performance
> benefits of using a connection pooler overshadowed by the overhead of
> running pgBouncer on the same server as the database?
>
> How are other people using pgBouncer? E.g. on a separate server from
> the database etc...?

We use it in both on separate boxes as well as local. As long as your
machine is handling the connection processing of the pooler fine, I
wouldn't worry about it. There are some specific high end off machine
things you can do (point at different databases on different machines
from a single pooler) that is cool but for just a Drupal website it is
probably not required.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Сообщение: Re: WAL and archive disks full
Сообщение: Re: WAL and archive disks full