Re: Version Numbering

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Version Numbering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 18:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> > Maybe we can give marketing brand names to every new version so people
> > is not confused by numbers...
>
> Ah, yes. Because it's so intuitive that Windows 7 comes after Windows 95... :-)

Not really a comparable argument. I find it interesting that people are
making logical arguments about something that is clearly not in the
logical realm. This is marketing people.

Windows 7 works because it is > than Windows Vista. It sounds, looks and
feels greater. It also certainly doesn't hurt that they have billions
for marketing.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor