Re: Version Numbering

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Version Numbering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 21:17 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> David Fetter:
>
> > "We're using Postgre 8"
> >
> > See also all the flocks of tools that claim to support "Postgres 8"
>
> Flocks? Handful at best, and no reason we should be catering to
> their inaccuracies.

Depends on the goal. If our goal is to continue to add confusion to the
masses of users we have, you are correct. If our goal is to simplify the
ability for a user to accurately understand the version of PostgreSQL
they are running, then you are wrong.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor