Re: git: uh-oh

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of mié ago 18 11:52:58 -0400 2010:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 17:33, Khee Chin <kheechin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I previously proposed off-list an alternate solution to generate the git
> > repository which was turned down due to it not being able to handle
> > incremental updates. However, since we are now looking at a one-time
> > conversion, this method might come in handy.
>
> cvs2git *is* the tool we've been using now that it's a one-off
> conversion. It's the one that's causing the current problems.

I think the point is to run the repo through cvsclone, which apparently
changes the repo in some (not documented) ways, removing "corruption".
Not sure how this is an essential part of Khee Chin's proposal.

The cited URL is no longer valid however.  The code can be found here
http://samba.org/ftp/tridge/rtc/cvsclone.l