Re: Why don't we have a small reserved OID range for patch revisions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why don't we have a small reserved OID range for patch revisions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> We do need a couple of pieces of new infrastructure to make this idea
> conveniently workable.  One is a tool to allow automatic OID renumbering
> instead of having to do it by hand; Naylor has a draft for that upthread.

Oh: arguably, something else we'd need to do to ensure that OID
renumbering is trouble-free is to institute a strict rule that OID
references in the *.dat files must be symbolic.  We had not bothered
to convert every single reference type before, reasoning that some
of them were too little-used to be worth the trouble; but someday
that'll rise up to bite us, if semi-automated renumbering becomes
a thing.

It looks to me like the following OID columns remain unconverted:

pg_class.reltype
pg_database.dattablespace
pg_ts_config.cfgparser
pg_ts_config_map.mapcfg, mapdict
pg_ts_dict.dicttemplate
pg_type.typcollation
pg_type.typrelid

Сообщение: Re: Why don't we have a small reserved OID range for patch revisions?
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we have a small reserved OID range for patch revisions?