Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 21:14 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2010/6/24 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> >
> >> And I'm also planning to implement unlogged tables, which have the
> >> same contents for all sessions but are not WAL-logged (and are
> >> truncated on startup).
>
> this is similar MySQL's memory tables. Personally, I don't see any
> practical sense do same work on PostgreSQL now, when memcached exists.

Because memcache is yet another layer and increases overhead to the
application developers by adding yet another layer to work with. Non
logged tables would rock.

SELECT * FROM foo;

:D

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache