Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
2010/6/24 Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:

>> this is similar MySQL's memory tables. Personally, I don't see any
>> practical sense do same work on PostgreSQL now, when memcached exists.
>
> Because memcache is yet another layer and increases overhead to the
> application developers by adding yet another layer to work with. Non
> logged tables would rock.

I see only one positive point - it can help to people with broken
design application with migration to PostgreSQL.

There are different interesting feature - cached procedure's results
like Oracle 11. - it's more general.

only idea.

For me memory tables are nonsens, but what about memory cached
materialised views (maybe periodically refreshed)?

Regards

Pavel

> SELECT * FROM foo;
>
> :D

:)

> JD
>

> --
> PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
> Command Prompt, Inc: http://www.commandprompt.com/ - 509.416.6579
> Consulting, Training, Support, Custom Development, Engineering

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache