Re: Facing Problem in Autovacuuming Deamon....

От Joao Ferreira gmail
Тема Re: Facing Problem in Autovacuuming Deamon....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 04:50 -0700, Deven wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Postgresql Database for our system storage and I am running
> Autovacuuming Deamon on my entire database. But on of the table set in
my
> database never undergoes the Autovacuuming. I always need to do the
manual
> vacuuming on that table.

autovacuum can be tricky... the way autovacuum behaves on each table
will depend very much on the INSERT/UPDATE profile in that specific
table

so it's not necessarilly a problem if a given table never gets vacuumed;
may be it does not need;

can you be more specific on

a) why do you say that that specific table does not get autovacuumed ?
what makes you say that ?

b) is your filesystem experiencing bloat (bloat means: postgres seems to
start eating up disk space like crazy after some days/weeks/months) ? is
it ?

c) do the logs say things regarding max_fsm_pages ?

d) what version of postgres is it ?

e) have a closer look at the "autovacuum_*" configuration directives...

not an expert here... but these are important topics regarding
autovacuum...

Cheers
Joao