Re: graceful reload

От Vasiliy G Tolstov
Тема Re: graceful reload
Дата
Re: graceful reload  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
В Чтв, 03/06/2010 в 17:54 +1000, Shoaib Mir пишет:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Vasiliy G Tolstov
> <v.tolstov@selfip.ru> wrote:
>         Sorry for incorrect question. I mean: does postgresql can be
>         reloaded
>         without breaking current connections?
>         For example:
>         I need to increate some values in postgresql conf file and
>         want to this
>         valies applied on running server, can i do this without full
>         restart?
>

> Which settings you want to change? as there are some which can be done
> with just a database reload but some of them cant be done without
> doing a database restart (like some memory related settings)

Memory related:
max_connections
shared_buffers
temp_buffers
max_prepared_transactions
work_mem
maintenance_work_mem
max_stack_depth
max_files_per_process
wal_buffers

In config file some in of this settings exists comment line like
"changes require restart". This is mean exactly restart or reload can do
this?

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@selfip.ru>
Selfip.Ru

От: Shoaib Mir
Сообщение: Re: graceful reload
От: fida aljounaidi
Сообщение: PG_dump a large database fails