Re: How can I tell if I'm autovacuuming?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: How can I tell if I'm autovacuuming?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Excerpts from Mitch Collinsworth's message of mar may 25 15:38:38 -0400 2010:

> On Tue, 25 May 2010, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I'd say you're running 8.1, not 8.2 as initially stated.
>
> Well...  yes.  Sorry.    I take it the answer is different then...
>
> So...  How can I tell if I'm autovacuuming in 8.1.21?

Crank log_min_messages down to debug2 and check the log for DEBUG
messages talking about databases and tables processed by autovacuum.
(I think debug1 produces enough data, I can't recall precisely).

8.1 was the first release to sport integrated autovacuum.  It was very
rough around the edges.  If you're depending on its behavior, I suggest
you upgrade.

Command Prompt, Inc.  -- The PostgreSQL Company