Re: Table space grow big - PostgreSQL

От Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Тема Re: Table space grow big - PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
What about "vacuumdb -azf -U postgres"? (or for each database, "VACUUM FULL")

With that script you only vacuum specific tables, but not entire databases.

vacuum analyze should also be launched more frequently. Perhaps once a day, if possible, or sooner.
"vacuumdb -az -U postgres" (or for each database, "VACUUM ANALYZE"

-----Original Message-----
From: Khangelani Gama <Khangelani.Gama@ucs-software.co.za>
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Table space grow big - PostgreSQL
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 15:42:00 +0200

Many Thanks for all the replies.

The conversion project to version 8 is still in progress, hence we are still experiencing problems on a version that's not supported. That's an honest answer I can give. The thing is it's frustrating to not to have a source of support as we still have to give support on this version 7.3.4

There is a script that runs once a month which reindex, vacuum full verborse and vacuum analyze :

Small picture inside the script:
       echo "VACUUMING TABLE ${table} " >>$log 2>>$log       /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U $dbuser -h localhost ${db} -tc "REINDEX TABLE ${table}" >>$log 2>>$log       /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U $dbuser -h localhost ${db} -tc "VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ${table}" >>$log  2>>$log       /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U $dbuser -h localhost ${db} -tc "VACUUM ANALYZE ${table}" >>$log  2>>$log

Dumping and restoring the database doesn't decrease the space

There is nothing set in the postgresql.conf file that has to do with vacuum analyze.

If we could have a way to reduce the space in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/95186722 directory we would be sorted