Re: Table space grow big - PostgreSQL

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: Table space grow big - PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 13:36 +0200, Khangelani Gama wrote:
> The main question I have is: What makes
> the /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/95186722/  grow so big while the actual
> data with its schema is only 2.8G and that is there a way to reduce
> the table space sizes or anything related to that?

Which PostgreSQL version is this? I'm assuming it is an old one, since
you are running Red Hat 9.

Have you vacuumed it recently/regularly? If not, dead space (space that
is consumed by dead tuples) will consume lots of disk space, until they
are vacuumed. However, If you haven't vacuumed for a long time, it may
be the best to dump/restore the database, and then apply regular
maintenance:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/maintenance.html

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Table space grow big - PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Table space grow big - PostgreSQL