Re: Problem with insert related to different schemas

От Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
Тема Re: Problem with insert related to different schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Tom,

> >> This is a select query.  I don't think that's the right error message.
>
> > Yes, but IS the correct error message.
>
> The query being complained of appears to be a generated foreign key
> checking query.  It's not surprising it would appear in the context
> of an insert.

Yes, that's what I think too...

> > It appeared just after upgrading
> > to 8.4 as 8.3 had no problem processing this query.
>
> You've either changed the permissions on schema public from what they
> were in the old installation, or linked an FK constraint to the wrong
> table.  I see no reason to think there is either a bug or a version
> difference here.

Maybe but I ran even grant all on schema public for this user to check
if this was the problem. About linking the wrong FK... Everything is
posible. I have to take a look to them again and try isolate the
problem.

But I thought that it was a restriction of the jdbc driver used with
postgresql. It looks like when you specify a schema for the query no
other schema references are allowed...  But I tried directly through the
psql client and returned same error so it must be isolated at database
level.

Anyway, let me provide a test case.

Thank you

>             regards, tom lane