Re: Aborting transactions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Aborting transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thomas Mack <mack@ifis.cs.tu-bs.de> writes:
> Am Montag, 26. Juni 2006 22:15 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> What platform is that?  If it's Solaris, see our doc/FAQ_Solaris about
>> getting more useful info from "ps".
>>
> Yes, it's Solaris 10. Looking at
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_Solaris.html , I did not find
> anything related. Same with the doc/FAQ_Solaris from the postgresql-8.1.4
> sources.

Oh, sorry, I assumed it was in the Solaris FAQ, but actually the info is
at the bottom of this page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/monitoring.html

There are several different conditions that can render "ps" useless on
Solaris :-(, and one of them is sprinkling the postmaster start command
with a lot of switches.  Put that stuff in postgresql.conf, instead,
so you can invoke the postmaster as just "postmaster".