Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 12:36 +0100, Renato Oliveira wrote:

> Szymon,
>

> We had Slony running previously, but it lagged behind so badly that
> never managed to catch up.
>

> Hardware
>
> AMD 1.8GHz 32 Bits
>
> 8GB RAM DDR1
>
> 300GB Disk single volume
>

> Database:
>
> Postgres 8.2.24
>
> 160GB in size
>
> There are thousands of tables, apparently for each new device a new
> table is created.

I *think* I remember reading a while back case on the Slony list that
some of the internal queries where not very efficient for databases with
large numbers of tables.

> The DB  grows around 1GB every 2 days.

That's not material.  We use slony replicate much larger databases with
a higher growth rate than that.

> Do you still think slony would work?

It might, it might not.  I'd ask for assistance on the Slony list.

Also, Londiste is another replication engine that can be used for DB
upgrades.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

Сообщение: Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware
Сообщение: Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware