Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 15:55 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > One question then: how do we ensure that the archive does not grow too
> > big? pg_standby cleans down the archive using %R. That function appears
> > to not exist anymore.
>
> You can still use %R. Of course, plain 'cp' won't know what to do with
> it, so a script will then be required. We should probably provide a
> sample of that in the docs, or even a ready-made tool similar to
> pg_standby but without the waiting.

So we still need a script but it can't be pg_standby? Hmmm, OK...

Might it not be simpler to add a parameter onto pg_standby?
We send %s to tell pg_standby the standby_mode of the server which is
calling it so it can decide how to act in each case.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL