Re: 8.5 beta manual

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: 8.5 beta manual
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Will there be an upgrade procedure, too? There is a growing problem with PgSQL not allowing upgrades and requesting that the databases should be rebuilt from scratch, using pg_dumpall. My company is planning to create a Postgres database 1TB in size, but the upgrades are a major obstacle in the planning.

Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> (There isn't any "8.5 beta" yet, and actually
>> never will be; per recent decision, the next release will be 9.0.)

> Right, but see
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html :

> "PostgreSQL 8.5devel Documentation"

> Should be renamed to 9.0 ...