Re: Postgresql 8.4 GSSAPI auth with fallback to password prompting?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.4 GSSAPI auth with fallback to password prompting?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> * Tim Watts (tim.j.watts@kcl.ac.uk) wrote:
>> I would have to respectfully take another point of view: that that
>> particular judgement is probably better placed with the sysadmin
>> rather than a blanket decision by the devs.

> It's not a blanket decision by any means- the current situation is that
> such an option doesn't exist.  It's not "it exists, but we disabled it
> because we felt like it."

> Were someone to write the code to support such an option, it's entirely
> possible it'd get committed (though likely with strong caveats about its
> use in the documentation).

I'm not sure it would.  Allowing a fallback would amount to a protocol
change, meaning that old clients might fail in strange ways.  You'd
need a lot stronger case than has been made here to justify dealing
with that.

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.4 GSSAPI auth with fallback to password prompting?
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.4 GSSAPI auth with fallback to password prompting?