Re: operator exclusion constraints

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: operator exclusion constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On sön, 2009-11-22 at 16:03 -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> What, if anything, does the standard have to say about violations of
> ASSERTIONs?  I know these aren't ASSERTIONs, but they much more
> closely resemble them than they do UNIQUE constraints.

An assertion is by definition a constraint that is a schema component
independent of a table.  Which an exclusion constraint may or may not
be, but it's an independent issue.  (To clarify: It currently can't be,
because assertions are not implemented, but when they are, it could be.)
For the same reason, assertions don't have separate error codes, because
they are just constraints after all.