Recent Makefile changes (was Re: unique indexes and pqlib)

От Tom Lane
Тема Recent Makefile changes (was Re: unique indexes and pqlib)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> btw, I haven't looked yet but I hope the odbc makefile stuff still can
> build standalone.

I didn't intentionally break that --- in fact I added some stuff to
odbc's private configure script to ensure it would still support the
Makefile.  But I don't know enough about ODBC to test it, so I'd prefer
to let someone who knows what it's for make sure that it still builds
and works.  (I can only say that it does now build and install a valid
library on HPUX, which it didn't before.)

> Hopefully we are converging on an acceptable set of
> Makefiles; I'd made changes recently - which you'd noticed broke
> installations which did not do major.minor version numbering on shared
> libraries - in response to major breakage introduced for some other
> reason which damaged installations _with_ major.minor version
> numbering.

Right.  Actually the recent changes were very good --- they made it
feasible to have a large chunk of the sharedlib build rules be textually
identical in different makefiles.  I just took the next logical step
and moved the textually identical stuff into a single file.  Should be
a lot easier to maintain this way.