Re: PATCH: make plpgsql IN args mutable (v1)

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: PATCH: make plpgsql IN args mutable (v1)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 21:45 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > For instance, what would it mean if y
> > SELECT foo(a) FROM mytable;
> >
> > Where foo() mutated it's IN argument? Would that really be an UPDATE?
> >
> No, surely the mutated value will only be visible within the scope of
> the function, i.e. it will be a purely local copy that gets altered.

Oh, I misunderstood the example here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01931.php

I thought he was saying that the PERFORM in test1() _should_ have
mutated "a", when in fact, he was trying to demonstrate that it does not
(with his patch or without).

Regards,Jeff Davis