Re: migrating from 8.1.x to 8.4

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: migrating from 8.1.x to 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 11:53 -0700, Anj Adu wrote:
> We are considering a switch from 8.1.x to 8.4 for some of our
> databases.    Is there a document that highlights the differences
> between these 2 versions. We are not migrating the db but using the
> same schema on the newer version.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release-8-4.html

Note you will need to read the release notes for each version to
determine differences that may affect you. The one that will likely hit
you the worst is the removal of implicit casts in 8.3.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/