Re: System crashed: fatal error restarting postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: System crashed: fatal error restarting postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>    A java application threw a major error when closing and it crashed my
> system (including wiping out most of /tmp). After rebooting I su'd to user
> postgres and tried to start postgresql-9.5.4, but this error displays:

> postgres@salmo:~$ FATAL:  could not open shared memory segment
> "/PostgreSQL.1804289383": Permission denied

Wrong permissions on /dev/shm, perhaps?  On Linux I believe it should
always be

drwxrwxrwt. 2 root root 160 Sep 30 15:23 /dev/shm/

Although TBH, the first question you should be asking yourself is why
you're running *any* java application with root privileges, which is
what I think would be needed to let this happen.