Re: Proposed new policy for Training events

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Proposed new policy for Training events
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 21:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> We're getting some abuse on the training event front, and I'd like to
> pass a new policy:
>
> Frequency: no company may list more than three training events per
> quarter.  If the company has more training than that, they are
> encouraged to post links to their own web page schedule.
>
> Content: Training events will include *one paragraph* of descriptive
> content, describing in a factual way what the contents of the training
> is.  Hyperbole, competitive messaging, and offers of free gifts are
> prohibited.
>
> Currently CertFirst is spamming us with more than 20 training events
> offering a free iPod and containing ALL CAPS and many exclamations!!!!!!
> as well as about 2 pages of text each.

This is a moderator problem. They should not be approved in that matter.
We don't need a "new" policy. We need moderators to practice better
discretion.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -