Re: Wall replay

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wall replay
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Keith Ouellette <Keith.Ouellette@Airgas.com> writes:
> I am realatively new to PostgreSQL. I have two servers in a Master/Slave relationship using WAL as the replication
method.I have what I hope to be an easy question. If the Master goes down and before the slave is promoted, there may
bea case where a log file may not have been shipped to the slave yet. If the new Master starts to process new
transactions,is there a way to have it process the unshipped WAL files if they are copied to it? I do not see that case
inthe documentation.

You'd have to ship the remaining WAL over *before* the slave has come
up live, else it's too late.

If you're concerned about gaps of that sort, though, you should not be
using log file shipping at all.  Set up streaming replication instead.
(If the PG version you're using hasn't got that, high time to move
to something newer.)

От: Keith Ouellette
Сообщение: Wall replay
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: after 9.2.4 patch vacuumdb -avz not analyzing all tables